The Mount Pleasant Branch was housed in three previous locations: 3335 East 118th St, as a station in 1923, 13512 Kinsman Rd. in 1928, and 13700 Kinsman Rd in 1930 before finding its current home. Originally a bank, the building was remodeled in 1937 for the Library giving residents access to a 10,300 square foot facility. A one story club room was added to the rear of the building in 1949. The branch was remodeled again in 1981.
This branch is an excellent reading and information resource for the families, schools and organizations in the Mt. Pleasant neighborhood. We offer valuable programs to children, young adults, adults, and seniors.